20/11/2007

Goodbye Joost => Hello Miro

If you don't have the Miro IPTV application you are missing out. I use to think Joost was pretty cool, but I haven't even started it up since downloading Miro.

There are so many super sweet features that I can't even begin to list them.

I can make this hockey fight search into a channel. I can even search YouTube, DailyMotion, Google Video etc. all from within the player, and them have Miro automatically download the video content to my hard disk for viewing on or offline!

For example, Global TV streams several TV shows off their website using these Video RSS feeds:

Who's smarter than a Canadian Fifth Grader
Heroes
Saturday Night Live

I can add all these Video RSS feeds to Miro and then set Miro up to automatically download new videos.

Further, When I get home at night I have my own customized one hour news video feed mashup from sources all over the world: BBC, Global, MSNBC, CBC, TSN, ESPN, Auzzie Sailing and my nerdy tech shows!

I will be writing more on this nifty application but right now I have to get back to work.

You can download Miro here. Do it or miss out.

Over And Out

No comments: