07/04/2008

The Grid vs. The Internet .... now what about The Google ...

Blah Blah Blah ... this is actually kind of neat. I wonder how far away from this we really are. Science has a habit of producing vapor-ware, but this may be different. It may become a necessity.

Unfortunately, I believe the internet will be private before this Grid goes mainstream. Rogers has started capping my bandwidth at 95GB per month, about 1/3 of my typical usage pattern. They are then charging $1.50 for each additional GB. IPTV goes right out the window. Then they try to offer me deep discounts on Cable - forcing me to use their service offerings. Ghetto.

Now how would wireless work on top of this grid thing?

“Projects like the grid will bring huge changes in business and society as well as science,” Doyle said.

“Holographic video conferencing is not that far away. Online gaming could evolve to include many thousands of people, and social networking could become the main way we communicate.

“The history of the internet shows you cannot predict its real impacts but we know they will be huge.”

Read The Article: The Grid

Over and Out

No comments: